Thursday, October 16, 2008

Song of the Week

I know I'm kind of really late for the song of the week, but I've been extremely busy with school work this whole week. Anyway this week's song is by Karmina and it's called The Kiss. Originally this song was inspired by Shakespeare's Romeo And Juliet. The lyrics in the song tell a story about two people who are in love but can't be together because of what other people think or say. I personally love the lyrics especially the part where it goes, "Palm to palm, let lips do what hands do. They Pray. Is it a sin to do what we want to. They don't care where we've been, give me my sin again." Anyone recognize these lines (well most of them) from R&J?

Karmina is an amazing duo. The singers, Kamille and Kelly have amazing vocals and if you like this song, I highly recommend listening to another one of their songs called Walk you home. The music video for The Kiss includes real life couples that faced obstacles throughout their relationship. I believe that it was a great element in the video. It really helped connect the song to the audience and made it more personal because it's like, "wow real life couples have gone through this too and not just made up ones like Romeo and Juliet." So give the song a listen and watch the video. If you want to learn more about Karmina visit their website at karmina.com

-Moon Maiden


No comments: