Monday, October 27, 2008

Song of the Week

The song of the week is Obvious by Runner runner! First off let me just say something about the band. Runner runner performed at my high school last Friday and wow was I blown off my feet. I just couldn't believe how amazing they were. Their songs are not only catchy and addictive, but the lyrics have so much meaning behind them that so many people can relate to. Not to mention the band members are all really attractive. I was surprised to find out that they are a local indie band in Huntington Beach. It amazes me that they aren't more famous. It seems ironic that more people from across the Ocean are more familiar with Runner Runner than the people in their city. However, now that I've heard of them, they have become one of my favorite bands.

Now to the song. Obvious is a great song about a long distance relationship. Basically it's saying that no matter how strong the love is, it's still hard to be apart and it's just not the same without being right next to each other. I love the video. I think it's pretty creative, where all the guys are trying to win over the same girl but in the end they'd rather be friends with each other. I also love the video because they shoot it here in Huntington Beach. (I even drove by the bar they shot a scene in. It was pretty exciting.) So give Obvious a listen. If you like the song, check out Runner Runner's other song at their myspace.

Remember to spread the word about Runner Runner! They are an amazing band and deserve to be well known just like all those other legendary bands. :D


No comments: